Saturday, November 21, 2009

My First Korean Sunset

Sunsets are my favorite time of the day. Not only are they beautiful, but they radiate the glory and warmth of God. They remind of His faithfulness in providing another day on the earth and in perpetuating His promises to us by continuing to hold the Earth up with His mighty right hand. And they speak of a hope of the sunrise to come. Because of my schedule, I hadn't as yet had a chance to see any sunsets in my new home, except for small glimmers of sunbeams through the buildings surrounding the school. However today, as spontaneous and unexpected as a flower in winter tundra, it caught my attention through the glass of E-Mart as I rode the escalator upward. No matter the circumstance, a sunset is glorious.



"You are sunrise--You are blue skies!

How could I know the morning if I knew not midnight?

You're my horizon--you're the light of new dawn.

So thank you, thank you, [Father...]

that after a long night You are sunrise!"

-N. Nordeman, "Sunrise"


No comments:

Post a Comment