Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where's Frankie?

For almost a week, my life has experienced the exciting thrill of something new. Last Saturday, January 16, saw the arrival of a new roommate to my apartment, one whose unpredictable actions sometimes keep me up at night but whose affections are a welcomed pleasantry to come home to. I find myself thinking about him often at work, wondering how his day has been so far. When I return home, I am sometimes still in disbelief. He can't really be in my life, right? It was touch and go at the beginning: He hid under the bed for almost two days, long enough for my friend to be slightly concerned for his health. But now whenever I walk in the door, he's either there to greet me or excited to see me wherever I find him. He seems to have warmed up to me quite nicely, crooning sweetly for me to give him attention. His name is Frankie. I find him in odd places while I'm here in the apartment--and heavan only knows what he does when I'm not! My hope is that he'll be nothing but a positive addition to my stay here in Chungju.
Here is a Where's Waldo-like photo essay of my new friend:

Here he is hiding under the bed with the dust bunnies!


He found a nook to hide in to be by me while I'm cooking.



He did his best to look as cute as he could here. Who can say no to a face like that?!

Can you find him in this one? I promise he's there!


We were having an affectionate moment after a stressful day--a welcomed release!


He decided to explore every nook and cranny of the food pantry.

When I'm not looking, he steals a seat on my dresser, rearranging the order of my pretties for me.



... and even sneaks a peak at unmentionables!

No comments:

Post a Comment